In my capacity as a Clinical Psychologist I support people to reach their full potential, whatever that means to them. I aim to create a private, compassionate, non-judgemental space for you to safely explore your difficulties. I especially hope to teach you how to be this for yourself. I enjoy working with teenagers, young adults and adults who are open and committed to improving their mental health. I work across many mental health conditions including depression and low mood, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, low self-worth and self-esteem, body image, eating disorders, grief and loss, trauma and adjustment to chronic health issues. Regardless of what you are struggling with however, my door is open to you.
My sessions are focused on you
We will collaborate to explore and understand your difficulties, clarify your goals and tailor a unique treatment plan to meet your needs. I will draw on my knowledge and experience and choose the therapeutic modality that will be the most helpful for you. I am open to feedback and welcome a transparent, constructive and collaborative relationship.
A little bit about me
The immense field that is psychology has always been of genuine interest to me. Ongoing learning and expanding my knowledge of this ever-evolving field is both exciting and challenging. I thoroughly enjoyed my studies, but it has been my clients, across many areas of life and mental health, that have taught me the most about human psychology and behaviour. I have been taught by my clients about happiness, pain, self-worth, loss, resilience, compassion and connection. I have been grateful to witness many journeys through suffering to fulfilment. It is these experiences that have developed my curiosity and love for learning into a meaningful career.
I aim to practice what I preach. Balance is a key value of mine and I believe it is essential to a meaningful life and sense of self. Whilst I am dedicated to my clinical work, I also try to balance this with time away from work, going to the beach, exercise, watching the NRL and playing with my mischievous Kelpie, Lulu. Like everyone, I have vulnerabilities and am far from perfect. I try to model to my clients that we are all human and trying our best with what we have.
I embrace the following philosophies:
– It is possible to recover and live a rich and fulfilling life.
– Everyone deserves support for their mental health. There is no problem too big or too small.
– You are the expert on you and your life. My goal is to create a supportive framework for you to apply.
– You can strive for excellence and also have a sense of balance in your life.
– Everyone has flaws and vulnerabilities, and we need to embrace them.
– From immense pain can come strength, love and growth.
Qualifications and Registration:
– Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours)
– Masters of Clinical Psychology
– AHPRA Registered – Area of Endorsement: Clinical Psychology
Preferred therapeutic frameworks and additional training:
– Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
– Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Eating Disorders
– Schema Therapy
– Compassion Focused Therapy